Onion River Exchange – Time Bank
ORE – Member Support and Services Coordinator (MSSC)
$15/hour, 10hrs/week for six months with possibility for longer term
Onion River Exchange (ORE) a non-profit, seeks an energetic and self-motivated individual for our member based organization.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate the ability to work independently and possess strong organization and communication skills. Working closely with member volunteers, this position will be responsible for member support, working with the board and other organization leadership as well as support volunteer office staff with administrative responsibilities.
ORE timebank is a place for members to exchange skills, talents and services by using time instead of money. ORE is a network of individuals, business and organizations that share skills and services with each other.
The main responsibility of this position is to provide member support and ensure that members continue to receive benefits from ORE and therefore remain as believers in the organization’s mission.
The MSSC will use our strategic plan as a guide to engage, motivate and support ORE members.
Some Key Responsibilities include:
– Develop a system that connect members for potential exchanges Implement initiatives already defined in the member designed strategic plan.
– Develop a system that identifies the demographics as well as the needs of our membership so that we are better able to respond to member needs.
– Oversee public communications of ORE by working with volunteers to make sure the website stays up-to-date, creating an active social media presence, contribute to the newsletter and use emails to keep members involved.
– Develop a holistic communication plan to support members to be active exchangers, engage them to self-organize gathering activities around common interests and participate in other ORE initiatives. Follow up with members who have not made recent exchanges and encourage future exchanges.
– Design and implement a process for new members to feel engaged and cared for.
MSSC will be also responsible for some Administrative Tasks:
– Handle new member application process, including background checks in
coordination with volunteer staffers.
– Arrange for new member orientations in coordination with volunteer staffers.
– Provide support to members with the Time-Banking USA proprietary software system; Community Weaver.
If you are interested in this position, please send your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Onion River Exchange·46 Barre St., Montpelier, VT 05602· (802) 661-8959